Tesla cars are some of the most popular electric vehicles on the market, and Florida is one of the most popular states for Tesla owners. But how much does Tesla car insurance cost in Florida? And what are the best options for Tesla owners in the state?
How much does Tesla car insurance cost in Florida?
The cost of Tesla car insurance in Florida varies depending on a number of factors, including the make and model of your Tesla, your driving record, your age, and your location. However, in general, Tesla car insurance is more expensive than traditional car insurance.
A recent study by NerdWallet found that the median cost of Tesla car insurance in Florida is $2,574 per year. This is nearly 45% higher than the national median cost of car insurance.
There are a few reasons why Tesla car insurance is more expensive than traditional car insurance. First, Tesla cars are more expensive to repair than traditional gas-powered cars. Second, Tesla cars are more likely to be involved in accidents. Third, Tesla cars are a popular target for theft.
What are the best options for Tesla owners in Florida?
There are a number of different options available for Tesla owners in Florida. Some of the most popular options include:
- Tesla Insurance: Tesla Insurance is a new program that is offered by Tesla itself. Tesla Insurance is only available in a few states, but it is expected to expand to Florida soon. Tesla Insurance offers a number of benefits for Tesla owners, including:
- Competitive rates
- Coverage for Tesla’s unique features, such as Autopilot and Full Self-Driving
- Access to Tesla’s network of repair centers
- Traditional car insurance companies: A number of traditional car insurance companies offer coverage for Tesla cars. Some of the most popular options include State Farm, Nationwide, and Progressive. When choosing a traditional car insurance company, it is important to compare rates from multiple companies to find the best deal.
- Third-party Tesla insurance companies: There are a number of third-party companies that offer Tesla insurance. These companies typically offer lower rates than traditional car insurance companies, but they may not offer the same level of coverage.
Things to consider when choosing Tesla car insurance in Florida
When choosing Tesla car insurance in Florida, there are a number of things to consider, including:
- Coverage: Make sure that the insurance policy you choose provides the coverage that you need. This includes liability coverage, collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, and uninsured motorist coverage. You may also want to consider optional coverage, such as gap insurance and rental reimbursement coverage.
- Rates: Compare rates from multiple companies to find the best deal.
- Customer service: Choose a company with a good reputation for customer service. This is especially important if you are involved in an accident.
Tesla car insurance discounts
There are a number of different discounts that you may be eligible for on your Tesla car insurance. Among the most popular discounts are the following:
- Safe driver discounts: You might be qualified for a safe driver discount if you have a clean driving record.
- Multi-policy discounts: If you have multiple policies with the same company, you may be eligible for a multi-policy discount.
- Military discounts: If you are a member of the military, you may be eligible for a military discount.
Tesla car insurance can be more expensive than traditional car insurance, but it is important to choose a policy that provides the coverage that you need. Be sure to compare rates from multiple companies and choose a company with a good reputation for customer service.
Additional tips for Tesla owners in Florida
- Drive safely: Tesla cars are equipped with a number of safety features, but it is still important to drive safely. Be aware of your surroundings and obey the speed limit.
- Keep your Tesla up to date: Tesla regularly releases software updates that include new safety features. Be sure to install these updates as soon as they are available.
- Use Tesla’s repair network: If your Tesla is involved in an accident, be sure to use Tesla’s network of repair centers. Tesla’s repair centers are certified to repair Tesla cars and they use Tesla-approved parts.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that you have the best possible Tesla car insurance coverage in Florida.